Realizing the Transformative Value of Harvard Innovation
OTD promotes the public good by advancing science, fostering innovation, and translating new inventions made at Harvard University into useful products that are available and beneficial to society.
Our integrated and research-centric approach to technology development comprises corporate partnerships and alliances, intellectual property management, and technology commercialization through venture creation and licensing. We also lead and operate the Blavatnik Biomedical Accelerator and the Physical Sciences & Engineering Accelerator.
Harvard faculty discuss the important services OTD provides in connecting academia and industry.
Want to know more about OTD?
Upholding fundamental values
Harvard’s research enterprise is a wellspring of innovation with the potential to improve lives, transform industries, and create tremendous social and economic value. As stewards of Harvard’s intellectual property, we are guided by a clear set of values:
- Maximize the impact of new knowledge resulting from University research and discovery
- Protect faculty and student rights by preserving the principle of academic freedom
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards in all dealings and relationships
- Serve as a trusted and creative negotiator of fair, mutually beneficial agreements
- Achieve a high level of service and responsiveness to the faculty
Serving as an unbiased agent, we are responsible for managing Harvard’s intellectual property assets for the public good. Our global focus helps ensure innovations benefit people throughout the world, regardless of their economic circumstances.
Harvard has endorsed statements which support our commitment to our values: